TO APPLY FOR FUNDING:
Organizations wishing to apply for funding from the Guernsey Charitable Foundation are advised to first visit our office located on the second floor of the Regions Bank Building, 100 E. Park Avenue, Suite 230, in downtown Waterloo. There, brochures and application forms will be made available to qualified organizations. Inquiries may also be made to our e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to the form could be downloaded HERE
As we move into the 21st century it is planned that Guernsey Charitable Foundation will continue to enhance its ability to work in partnership with people of the extended community, helping support programs that enhance character, values, services, science and education.
GRANT APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Review Guernsey Charitable Foundation's Mission Statement, Policies, Grant Limitations and Service Area.
- It is suggested that interested applications contract our office, 226-3434 and talk to Executive Director, Soo Greiman, to determine appropriateness of request, then visit our office for an application form. Applications need to be submitted in written form or computer generated, not exceeding 2 typed pages, outlining general information and answering key questions. Also required in a copy of your organization's 501 (c)(3) tax exempt letter of qualification, a copy of your organization's annual report, listing its board leadership, budget, in addition to a copy of 990 and current programs.
- Typical grant requests range from $100 - $30,000.
- Post-granting evaluation is required.
- Preference will be given to applicants from these contiguous 8 counties: Black Hawk, Bremer, Benton, Buchanan, Butler, Grundy, Tama and Fayette.
- Will Consider grants to municipal, county or governmental agencies.
NOTE: It is our policy to invite potential partners to visit our office and discuss the funding being sought. If an organizations request is compatible with our mission then a grant application will be issued. On-line requests will not be accepted applications need to be hand delivered or mailed.
In order to focus our resources, there are a number of organizations and programs that Guernsey Charitable Foundation does not fund. Generally we do not grant to the following:
- Organizations without IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt status.
- Business ventures
- Organizations that limit membership and services based on race, religion, color, creed age or national origin.
- Conferences, seminars, or trips.
- Requests for loans or debt retirements.
- Religious or sectarian programs for religious purposes.
- Veteran, labor and political organizations.
- Fraternal, athletic and social clubs.
GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINES
|Submission Deadline||Decision by
|MARCH 15||JUNE 1
|AUGUST 15||NOVEMBER 1
All requests for funds are voted on by the Guernsey Charitable Foundation Board of Trustees. Applicants will be informed of the Trustees decision following the meeting wherein grants are determined. Trustees meet twice a year: in the spring, and fall for the purpose of grant making.